The situation is Puerto Rico is just awful. We have family in Dominica, a small Caribbean island hit just as bad. It’s hard to understand the scale of the devastation.
PBS has a good list of resources to help.
- United for Puerto Rico (spearheaded by the First Lady of Puerto Rico)
- Center for Popular Democracy
- Hispanic Federation’s “Unidos” page
- Former U.S. presidents have expanded their One America Appeal to include recovery efforts in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- All Hands Volunteers
- Catholic Relief Services
- Direct Relief
- Save the Children, which focuses specifically on the needs of families and their children.
- Global Giving has a $2 million goal for victims of Hurricane Maria.
I am contributing to the Global Giving campaign right now. I will be talking to Stephen about making a RedMonk contribution. If you can spare a few bucks, I suggest you consider making a contribution to one of the organisations above. People on the ground are currently without power, water or food. Let’s try and help.