I have been working with IBM Pure Systems on a sponsored video series, and associated series of Google Hangouts with industry luminaries. IBM gives me complete free rein on editorial, which is great. The first few chats were a little IBM heavy, though, so I have been making an effort to help broaden the range of speakers, bringing more folks from my community into play. I am therefore really happy to report that tomorrow’s show looks outstanding in terms of other voices.
- Justin Sheehy, CTO and Founder of Basho technologies, which builds the RIAK key value store database. A no BS datastore, performance and availability expert.
- Ewan Leith, a performance tuning maven working at Betfred, one of the UK’s biggest online gambling firms.
- Amr Awadalla, CTO of Cloudera, a company making the running in packaging Hadoop for the enterprise. Formerly Vice President of Product Intelligence Engineering at Yahoo!, he had teams using Hadoop before it was even a thing.
I have to say its quite a coup to have the CTO of both Basho and Cloudera on the call.
We also have
- Thomas Jackman, Associate Research Professor, Desert Research Institute
- Ted Westheide, Co-founder and Architect, Aginity
- Inhi Cho, IBM Vice President of President of Product Management and Strategy, who I have known for years. A rising star at Big blue.
- Amit Achary, IBM PureApplication System Product Management
- And Tiffany Winman from IBM who is running the program with me.
Watch the video chat live on the Expert Integrated Systems YouTube channel and use the #ibmpurechat tag in Twitter to ask a question or make a comment. Or join us on the Expert Integrated Google+ page to express a point of view, ask questions and discuss with others on the Google Hangout as the panel convenes live. Most of all join the community- I’d potentially like to have you on the show in future.
IBM is sponsoring the Hangout. You should check it out, ask questions and so on. Please get involved. The show starts at 1pm EST Wednesday 24th April.