I got an email inquiry today asking for advice about running a good analyst briefing day. I thought it would be useful to share:
1. Have customers, partners and technologists at the event; encourage them to talk to the analysts in informal settings
2. Don’t try and cram so much into the day that analysts have no time to catch up with other work items
3. Make sure free wifi is available (see 2).
4. Have the event close to most of your target analysts, rather than in an exotic location (greener and more convenient)
5. Keep presentations short and to the point
6. Have plenty of breaks, otherwise known as water-cooler moments (see 2.)
7. Tell stories and have no more than about three key narratives you want the analysts to leave with.
thanks for the picture mayr, courtesy of flickr and creativecommons