great news for the hyperlocal/microlocal concept, and for Adrian and team. congrats, folks.
this is fascinating. anyone using this? i'm assuming that the RIAA would not feel that stashing some of the tunes i've purchased in SoundCloud and playing them via the embedded player, correct? not "fair use" or something similar?
useful, if non-YC centric, poll
great travelogue from Liz
really touching anecdote about director John Hughes. and speaking of, did you know he did the National Lampoon's Vacation movies? the good ones? the man was an absolute legend.
anyway, be sure to read the follow up.
andre the giant always was a larger than life character, both literally and figuratively. even so…wow.
great review of the different services, and more importantly, an explanation of how the services work and why they may underperform in certain areas
even i'm not this crazy.
or am i?
i think a lot of folks are in this position these days
interesting look at some of the forks and their respective histories
Book Time with Me
Look at my schedule, request an appointment, etc. here.
- What’s in Store for 2015: A Few Predictions
- Revisiting the 2014 Predictions
- The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: January 2015
- DVCS and Git Usage in 2014
- The Scale Imperative
- The Implications of IaaS Pricing Patterns and Trends
- What are the Most Popular Open Source Licenses Today?
- Model vs Execution
- A Few Suggestions for Briefing Analysts
- The 2014 Monktoberfest
- A Swing of the Pendulum: Are Fragmentation’s Days Numbered?
- What is the Atomic Unit of Computing?
- SaaS vs The Perpetual License Model
- The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: June 2014
- What Everyone is Missing About as-a-Service Businesses
- Consciously Decoupling: Microservices, Swarm and the Unix Philosophy
- Software and EMC
- Don’t Call it a Comeback, or SOA, But Services Are on the Rise
- What is a Software Company Today?
- What Does the WhatsApp Acquisition Mean?
- Quarterly Language Performance on GitHub 2011 – 2013
- What’s in Store for 2014: A Few Predictions
- The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: January 2014
- Revisiting the 2013 Predictions
- DVCS and Git Usage in 2013
- App Stores
- Application Development
- Apps I Can't Live Without
- Ask RedMonk
- Big Data
- Book Review
- Bottom Up Adoption
- Business Models
- Completely Off Topic
- Conferences & Shows
- Configuration Management
- Digital Rights Management
- Emerging Technologies
- How To's and More
- Hybrid Source
- In the Headlines
- Industry Analysis
- M&A Announcements
- Open Source
- Open Standards
- Operating Systems
- Privacy & Security
- Product Announcements
- Programming Languages
- Random Offers
- Red Sox
- RedMonk Analytics
- RedMonk IT Report
- RedMonk Miscellaneous
- Shadow IT
- Social Networking
- Social Software
- Trends & Observations
- Venture Capital
- Version Control
- Virtual Worlds
- Web 2.0