“Try to avoid sports, that’s not a sort of universal solvent for small-talk.” – this may be good analyst advice in general, but it’s not for me
soon as i get Ubuntu back on my workstation, i’ll try this. thanks to mdolan for providing it.
this is what happens to people that associate with me in any way, shape or form. consider yourself warned.
just remember, Lauren, that any tickets you might be able to obtain if/when the Rockies get their act together should be turned over to RedMonk for…analysis. you can have them back in a week to ten days.
interesting that they leverage del.icio.us as the foundation for the Marketplace
” ‘The online system, after a slow start, certainly worked very, very well for us,’ club spokesman Jay Alves said.” – not so well for me, or anyone else i know who tried to get tickets. the Rockies are now on my enemies list.
where to watch the game if you find yourself far from home; it’s accurate, at least from the ones that i’ve been to
nobody is to show this to mdolan. before i do.
this looks like an awesome talk – particularly given the parody subject
not just of the track itself, but of the metadata, album art, etc
“People in the outside world have so much less contact with technology than I realized.” – amen. which is why i’m trying to persuade a friend to go into business as a technology coach.
“So, like, if there’s a bustle in my hedgerow, I shouldn’t be alarmed?” – high comedy
Book Time with Me
Look at my schedule, request an appointment, etc. here.
- A Few Suggestions for Briefing Analysts
- The 2014 Monktoberfest
- A Swing of the Pendulum: Are Fragmentation’s Days Numbered?
- What is the Atomic Unit of Computing?
- SaaS vs The Perpetual License Model
- The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: June 2014
- What Everyone is Missing About as-a-Service Businesses
- Consciously Decoupling: Microservices, Swarm and the Unix Philosophy
- Software and EMC
- Don’t Call it a Comeback, or SOA, But Services Are on the Rise
- What is a Software Company Today?
- What Does the WhatsApp Acquisition Mean?
- Quarterly Language Performance on GitHub 2011 – 2013
- What’s in Store for 2014: A Few Predictions
- The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: January 2014
- Revisiting the 2013 Predictions
- DVCS and Git Usage in 2013
- On Steve Ballmer
- Updated IaaS Pricing Patterns and Trends
- Community Metrics: Comparing Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Salt
- Will Python Kill R?
- The Difficulty of Selling Software
- The Questions for Hadoop Moving Forward
- The Depth of Amazon’s Ambition
- A Look at Public Offerings from 1980-2012
- App Stores
- Application Development
- Apps I Can't Live Without
- Ask RedMonk
- Big Data
- Book Review
- Bottom Up Adoption
- Business Models
- Completely Off Topic
- Conferences & Shows
- Configuration Management
- Digital Rights Management
- Emerging Technologies
- How To's and More
- Hybrid Source
- In the Headlines
- Industry Analysis
- M&A Announcements
- Open Source
- Open Standards
- Operating Systems
- Privacy & Security
- Product Announcements
- Programming Languages
- Random Offers
- Red Sox
- RedMonk Analytics
- RedMonk IT Report
- RedMonk Miscellaneous
- Shadow IT
- Social Networking
- Social Software
- Trends & Observations
- Venture Capital
- Version Control
- Virtual Worlds
- Web 2.0