I’m the process of wrapping up my first full week in the office in over a month, and I’m pleased to say that I took full advantage of being around.
- I managed to meet up with Alex, Lara, Larkin and Ryan
- I’ve been helping get a couple of folks get new blogs up and running (all WordPress, incidentally), and despite getting absurdly lost as I do every time I visit there
- I managed to catch most of Sam’s excellent Dtrace talk at last night’s FROSUG
- I caught up with a couple of Friends of RedMonk that have some interesting news; will share that once I’m able
- And I actually got a bit of paperwork done. Go figure.
So all around, a week well spent.
I’d like to take a minute also to thank the many people who took the time to write, IM or call in regarding yesterday’s piece. As I’ve discussed with a couple of you, I was unsure at precisely how it would be received, but I’ve been very gratified by the response. Other people have been dropping in new examples from the Dalai Lama to Freakonomics, so I’m sure I’ll have a follow up post on that in future. I’ll also be posting a quick summary of an excellent chat I had this week with Debian’s Martin Krafft – who aside from being a really great guy proved to be an outstanding resource. Though I haven’t read it yet, I look forward to getting “Debian System.”
Anyhow, I’m off to Grand Lake within the hour for an evening of Mexican food and Dos Equis, so in the meantime enjoy your respective weekends. See you all next week.