- Beyond SaaS; Cloud Computing Update and Investment Opportunities – Trident Capital Blog
Investing opportunities in the cloud space.
- What s the ROI of Mobile Banking? 15.7%, Forrester Says – Bank Technology News
"Forrester estimates that overall, mobile banking usage among U.S. adults has increased from 4% in 2006 to 16% at the end of 2010. The firm also found that 94% of banks surveyed have a mobile banking strategy in place, although for 38%, this strategy has been in place for less than a year."
- Visa Moves Beyond the Point-of-Sale – Delivers Personal Payments to U.S. Account Holders | Business Wire
- The Microsoft/Android war: Which patents are at stake?
- Devops Is a Poorly Executed Scam
'Culture of respect & trust, good attitude toward failure. How about "culture of stop fucking up"? This is one of those obvious happy-horseshit type statements that makes you believe the salesman is benevolent. A developer who consistently ships broken code or a sysadmin who consistently pushes out broken configuration aren't going to get any better with respect or trust.'
- Communities Dominate Brands: Bloodbath update: Smartphone market at end of June (before the Q2 results)
An omnibus wrap-up of mobile-world activities from the beginning of July.
- Cloud.com Names Christian Reilly as Vice President of Enterprise Solutions
- Open letter to BlackBerry bosses: Senior RIM exec tells all as company crumbles around him
"We urgently need to invest like we never have before in becoming developer friendly. The return will be worth every cent. There is no polite way to say this, but it’s true — BlackBerry smartphone apps suck… 25 million iPad users don’t care that it doesn’t have Flash or true multitasking, so why make that a focus in our campaigns? I’ll answer that for you: it’s because that’s all that differentiates our products and its lazy marketing."
- Dell's Lesson for RIM and MS: Do It Steve Jobs' Way
A pretty up take.
- Q2 2011 Community Health Statistics — The OpenStack Blog
- Heroku | Clojure on Heroku
- Is a Sea Change Coming in the Server Market? « Data Center Knowledge
- Local councils shed CIOs as cuts bite • The Register
- Lulz Security® (LulzSec) releases
- H. P. Lovecraft’s Commonplace Book | Beyond The Beyond
"This book consists of ideas, images, & quotations hastily jotted down for possible future use in weird fiction. Very few are actually developed plots—for the most part they are merely suggestions or random impressions designed to set the memory or imagination working. Their sources are various—dreams, things read, casual incidents, idle conceptions, & so on.—H. P. Lovecraft
Presented to R. H. Barlow, Esq., on May 7, 1934—in exchange for an admirably neat typed copy from his skilled hand."
- Cloud.com Escalates Storage Focus With NetApp Deal – Network Computing
Disclosure: see the RedMonk client list for clients mentioned.