- The Lords of Strategy: The Secret Intellectual History of the New Corporate World (9781591397823): Walter Kiechel: Books
This is a pretty damn fine book, you know, if you’re into this kind of topic.
- Short logic (LNKD worth just 63% of peak high)
“Since IPO’ing two weeks ago, the stock has tumbled from $122 to $77. So now it’s worth a paltry 63% of what it was on opening peak. And yet it’s still ridiculously overpriced at 1,155 P/E. There is much further to fall.”
- Data, not software, paves the road to riches
Be sure to check out the comments for much counter-argument.
- Prove cloud is green: providers urged to publish energy figures
- Demo of New Features In ALMComplete
- ALMComplete 9.6 offers major enhancements to application lifecycle management tools
- Further along with Dell, OpenStack, and Chef
- VMware eats Socialcast for collabware • The Register
- The Top 10 Things Eric Schmidt Revealed At D9
- Private clouds hold a wide lead over public clouds among IT pros polled
- Evernote API Overview
- Embracing the Cloud Disruption
“Understandably, these legacy IT vendors built ‘legacy clouds’ that essentially automated and virtualized the same complex IT stacks they had been selling for years. This approach offered several important advantages, most notably the ability to run existing applications with minimal reconfiguration and the ability to architect applications in a familiar way. And while some had self-service portals to automate provisioning, they unfortunately followed very few of the new design patterns being used by the webscale disruptors.” And: “KT’s results are tantalizing: Its private cloud yielded a 79 percent CapEx reduction and 50x decrease in provisioning time compared to the legacy model, and its public cloud beat AWS pricing by 18 percent in KT’s core geography.”
- Admirals Club Expands | AA.com
Now Admirals Club members can access Alaska Airlines lounges in Anchorage, Portland (PDX), and Seattle.
- Google IO Tab 10.1 Time Issue (Fix include) – xda-developers
- Oracle offers JavaFX 2.0 beta
- Freescale CEO is pleased with IPO
Disclosure: see the RedMonk client list for clients mentioned.