- AT&T's Dapper Den for App Developers
Nothing against my friends up north, there, but I'm not sure if Plano is the best place to put your portal to attract app developers.
- Talend Press – Talend Announces Integrated Product Roadmap for Unified Data and Application Integration Platform
- Study: Facebook Ad Click-Throughs Declining
- Social Commerce – Speed Summary
- Goodbye E-Commerce, hello Social Commerce.
- What the heck are you actually using NoSQL for?
- Analysts: NetBeans' Dumping of Ruby on Rails 'Predictable,' Future of NetBeans in Doubt? — Application Development Trends
"As the official note mentions, it's a question of engineering resources (read: people either left, Oracle doesn't want to provide budget, or both)," Coté says. "And while Oracle says they're happy for the community to carry the Ruby torch, I doubt that will happen. IDE work is difficult and requires much time and money, even if the final result is free."
- Puppet Releases Enterprise Automation Tool « Data Center Knowledge
- Puppet Labs Announces Puppet Enterprise
"There's a tremendous amount of innovation going on in the data center at the moment, from virtualization, to cloud computing, to the consumerization of IT," said Michael Cote, analyst at RedMonk. "As always, IT's challenge is to rapidly deploy, configure, and maintain these innovations and existing software to the rest of the business. The type of management that Puppet Enterprise brings to the table is impressive and is helping its users speed up how they provide IT services while at the same time offering the controls needed to keep all that happy chaos well managed."
- Aug. 6, 1997: Apple Rescued — by Microsoft | This Day In Tech | Wired.com
- More than 60 apps have been downloaded for every iOS device sold | asymco
Disclosure: see the RedMonk client list for clients mentioned.