Fast WordPress Hosting
Skip to content
- IBM Press room – Information on Demand 2009 – United States
- New Ideas for Old Information
- SAP – SAP Appoints New Head of Global Ecosystem and Partner Group
- SAP – SAP Delivers Co-Innovation Directly to Its Ecosystem Community Members
Buried in this press release is the mention that SAP is going to launch a (open source?) project hosting site, like source forge, kinda, it sounds. A sanctioned place for SAP developers to futz around with code: sounds excellent.
- SAP – SAP Extends the Power of SAP® BusinessObjects™ Explorer to Tap into All Data
"Teradata and SAP are delivering the availability of an Intel-based Teradata blade architecture for running SAP NetWeaver® Business Warehouse Accelerator software as well as SAP Business Objects Explorer – which supports capabilities ranging from enterprise data warehousing persistence to in-memory acceleration and intuitive search and navigation. This will give Teradata and SAP customers the opportunity to standardize on a single hardware platform across their existing investments."
- Welcome to HBase!
"HBase is the Hadoop database. Use it when you need random, realtime read/write access to your Big Data. This project's goal is the hosting of very large tables — billions of rows X millions of columns — atop clusters of commodity hardware."
- SAP – SAP Joins Apache Communities, Extending Commitment to Open Source Technologies
SAP joins the ASF.
- Appcelerator Launches Commercial Partner Program for Digital Ad Agencies and System Integrators | Appcelerator
- Apigee | Free, Self-service API management
So, it's like Feedburner for cloud APIs?
- IBM gives voice to your web
More on the voice reading training stuff from IBM research.
- Mainframe's future in datacenters in question
"Forty percent of the datacenters surveyed said they still operate mainframes today, and the median number of mainframes at those facilities is two. Of those using mainframes, 46 percent, or almost half, said they're considering replacing one or more of them in the next two years."
- Chariot Solutions: Rod Johnson's Keynote at SpringOne – A short recap
- I'm 20, brilliant and totally lost | Salon Life
A good example of Bruce Sterling's "Gothic High Tech." An excellent one, actually.
- Dassault picks up PLM unit from Big Blue
Always interesting when IBM sells something off… Lexmark, Lenovo, etc.
- Amazon Releases Relational Database As A Service – My Initial Thoughts | CloudAve
Nice angle: clouds can't escape RDBMS, let alone Windows. Yup: "After resisting the demands for a relational database for a long time, Amazon has suddenly jumped into the game. I am suspecting that this is an attempt to preempt Microsoft's announcement about the public release of Azure SQL relational database cloud later this month at PDC '09. I see a pattern here. For a long time, Amazon was not keen on releasing Windows based instances as a part of their EC2 offering. Last year, at about the same time, when it became clear that Microsoft will announce a Windows cloud at PDC '08, Amazon preempted the announcement with their own Windows based EC2 instances. I like this competition as I strongly believe that such a competition is good for the Cloud marketplace."
- Amazon Web Services Blog: Introducing Amazon RDS – The Amazon Relational Database Service
- Today, I became a Racker | Michelle's Blog
Rackspace has a new evangelist, though it seems that's not her title.
- Google Voice Liberates Voicemail
- A Couple Foursquare Anecdotes
- Q&A: Lee Thompson, former Chief Technologist of E*TRADE Financial – Blog – dev2ops
- Zend Advances PHP and Cloud Effort at ZendCon
"Zend also announced a partnership with cloud management provider RightScale. Zend-based PHP apps can now be deployed across multiple clouds and managed via RightScale’s automated, Web-based management platform, [Zend CEO Andi] Gutmans said."
- Press Releases – LiveTime Adds Federated CMDB To Service Software
- Over 100 Free IT Applications and Plug-ins from Third Parties Now Available in Spiceworks
In addition to the niftiness of the plugins and extensibility, Check out this channel/partner strategy, man: people pay you to write plugins for your software.
- Most Influential People In Open Source
- Salesforce-Adobe deal could boost Force.com profile
- IBM Finds Path to Mobile and Voice Browsers
- Reductive Labs | Austin, TX Puppet Training
I'll be sitting in on this training to get my next generation automation skills on. Discounted registration ends tomorrow/today, so check it out. It's in Austin!