Skip to content
- EclipseSource Introduces Security for Open Source Downloads – EclipseSource
"EclipseSource, the leading provider of Eclipse runtime products and services, today announced Yoxos SecureSource, a subscription-based service that provides secure access to a repository of certified open source plug-ins."
- Sun Microsystems Was Shopped Around to Potential Buyers for Months
"It turns out that Sun was seeking a buyer and being actively shopped around to tech companies for months before the IBM news, as Intel CEO Paul Otellini has reportedly confirmed. 'I can tell you that Sun was shopped around the valley and around the world in the last few months,' he said, during a Q&A session that was revealed in a regulatory filing, according to TheStreet.com. 'A lot of companies got calls or visits on buying some or all the assets of the company.'"
- From the Mule’s mouth – Musings from the MuleSource Experts » Blog Archive » Mule Enterprise 2.2 Released
- Development Unfiltered: From code, to cloud to comedy. – Steven Martin, Developer Platform Product Management : Moving Toward an Open Process on Cloud Computing Interoperability
- Get Ready For Java On AppEngine
"Here’s a juicy rumor (if you’re a geek, this is good stuff): A source tells us that Google AppEngine, a platform for building and hosting web applications in the cloud, will begin letting developers write applications in Java in the near future. Until now only Python applications were supported. The announcement should come at the Google I/O conference in late May."
- Official Google Blog: Changes to our sales and marketing organizations
"So today we have informed Googlers that we plan to reduce the number of roles within our sales and marketing organizations by just under 200 globally."
- A Practical Guide to GPL Compliance – Software Freedom Law Center
- Apple – Support – Discussions – iCal invitations and email issues …
This is an annoying problem with no clear solution.
- Open Source Monitoring: Zenoss Community and Zenoss Unique Selling Proposition, an interview with Mark Hinkle
- Amazon unveils EC2 plug-in for Eclipse
Eclipse tooling for Amazon Cloud.
- IBM confirms North America layoffs | InfoWorld | News | 2009-03-26 | By John Ribeiro, IDG News Service
- Dell challenges HP, IBM with new enterprise offerings
"Customers so far have had to rely on third-party system management software on Dell servers, and with DMC, Dell has a response to HP's OpenView and IBM's Tivoli offerings, said Charles King, principal analyst at Pund-IT. However, Dell still has a number of steps to take before becoming a real threat to IBM and HP, which offer big-iron products such as Unix servers and more expansive integrated offerings."
- BMW GINA
Whao, this thing is crazy-nifty.
- Who wrote about SXSW? | IT Data Centered
- in-n-out’s secret menu » Badmouth
A guide to special In-n-out burger.
- Go To SXSW With An iPhone? AT&T Wants To Buy You a Free Month | Andrew Hyde – Startups. Start Here.
Learning to spell "SLA".
- Welcome to Village Tannery
Hand-made leather bags.