Download the episode directly right here, or subscribe to the feed in iTunes or other podcatcher to have episodes downloaded automatically.
In this episode, we’re joined by Tarus Balog of OpenNMS and also Matt Ray of Zenoss. John Willis gets on half-way though after a Skype-blow-out.
We start out talking about OpenNMS, of course, and then get into some other topics:
- What “network management” means.
- Using Perl for scripting in IT Management.
- Using ZipTie for asset management.
- John’s 10 enterprises using cloud computing.
- And figuring out the division of work-loads between cloud and on-premise applications.
Them’s the highlights I jotted down while we talked. There’s more locked up in there, like Tarus’ take on cloud computing.
Disclaimer: Zenoss is a client, as is AlterPoint and IBM. See the RedMonk client list for other clients mentioned.