We start out talking about OpenNMS, of course, and then get into some other topics:
- What “network management” means.
- Using Perl for scripting in IT Management.
- Using ZipTie for asset management.
- John’s 10 enterprises using cloud computing.
- And figuring out the division of work-loads between cloud and on-premise applications.
Them’s the highlights I jotted down while we talked. There’s more locked up in there, like Tarus’ take on cloud computing.
Disclaimer: Zenoss is a client, as is AlterPoint and IBM. See the RedMonk client list for other clients mentioned.