which begs the question: is that the right decision?
had this one open for a long while: excellent advice from a practitioner
more and more folks are discovering this project
the good news is that we both have iPhones
interesting project. need to keep tabs on this one.
very odd story, but compelling in a weird way
some very nice themes for Ubuntu: i've switched from Dust for the first time in a long while
this is one reason i follow comparatively few people; it's just not sustainable, if you want to keep track of the people that matter to you. problem is that this causes you some issues when people get upset you're not following them.
for those tracking the project
this could get ugly. we don't have capacity for that.
and you guys thought Lobster Boat racing was a joke. 64 MPH. on water.
magic bullet might be pushing it, but not by much
an interesting – and dare i say questionable – decision on Apple's part. what's their next generation file system story going to be? and couldn't have ZFS have helped with Time Machine?
package management for emacs? cool. too bad it's outdated.
i have this problem pretty continually. pain in the ass.
hadn't thought about it this way, and i'm not sure the analogy works completely, but it's interesting to consider
Book Time with Me
Look at my schedule, request an appointment, etc. here.
- Don’t Call it a Comeback, or SOA, But Services Are on the Rise
- What is a Software Company Today?
- What Does the WhatsApp Acquisition Mean?
- Quarterly Language Performance on GitHub 2011 – 2013
- What’s in Store for 2014: A Few Predictions
- The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: January 2014
- Revisiting the 2013 Predictions
- DVCS and Git Usage in 2013
- On Steve Ballmer
- Updated IaaS Pricing Patterns and Trends
- Community Metrics: Comparing Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Salt
- Will Python Kill R?
- The Difficulty of Selling Software
- The Questions for Hadoop Moving Forward
- The Depth of Amazon’s Ambition
- A Look at Public Offerings from 1980-2012
- The 2013 Monktoberfest
- Are PaaS and Configuration Management on a Collision Course and Four Other PaaS Questions
- The Moto X Bet
- The Top 55 in Tech: Market Findings and Other Items of Interest
- What IBM Joining the Cloud Foundry Project Means
- The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: June 2013
- Why Software Platforms Should Be More Like Pandora
- Open Source Foundations in a Post-GitHub World
- The Google Cloud Platform Q&A
- indian mesh pvt ltd on How the Sports Industry Looks at Mobile
- Nick on What is a Software Company Today?
- Ed on What is a Software Company Today?
- Why is Statistical Software R in the news? | Ivy Professional School | Official Blog on The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: January 2014
- brandsteve on The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: January 2014
- App Stores
- Application Development
- Apps I Can't Live Without
- Ask RedMonk
- Big Data
- Book Review
- Bottom Up Adoption
- Business Models
- Completely Off Topic
- Conferences & Shows
- Configuration Management
- Digital Rights Management
- Emerging Technologies
- How To's and More
- Hybrid Source
- In the Headlines
- Industry Analysis
- M&A Announcements
- Open Source
- Open Standards
- Operating Systems
- Privacy & Security
- Product Announcements
- Programming Languages
- Random Offers
- Red Sox
- RedMonk Analytics
- RedMonk IT Report
- RedMonk Miscellaneous
- Shadow IT
- Social Networking
- Social Software
- Trends & Observations
- Venture Capital
- Version Control
- Virtual Worlds
- Web 2.0