no trackpoint, and the SSD is too small – the Dell 1330 offers a 64 GB option – but we’re getting closer to something i can use. LED backlit option is attractive.
wow, the Amazon folks just don’t let up.
thinking i might grab some of these filters soon(ish)
couldn’t agree more
if you’re an engineer looking and don’t check this out, i’m confused as to why. having helped build a healthcare records app in the distant past, i can tell you that it’s a.) interesting, b.) challenging, and c.) rewarding. plus, it’s Adam Bosworth.
filed under “things i’m not surprised about”
hmm…halfway point between a virtualized instance snapshot. may give this a whirl.
good refresher, as it’s been a while. suggestions as to good recipes for the first batch are welcome.
also hiring for an intern position is Derek Willis of the NY Times. good spot to work.
heard a bunch of requests for this
beginning to understand why The National’s Boxer garnered a first place vote; outstanding album. that said, no Avett Brothers? seriously?
remember when i said they didn’t let up?
had similar thoughts vis a vis the intelligence left behind in web logs, but this is even spookier
always find myself agreeing with an interview i saw with Cisco’s CEO Chambers: culture can be among the most important considerations when it comes to M&A.
Senor Shankland’s year in review piece, vis a vis open source
- Who’s Contributing to Configuration Management Projects?
- Who is Going to be the Ubuntu of Developer Infrastructure?
- Every Exit is an Entry Somewhere
- Open Source and the Rise of as-a-Service Businesses
- What’s in Store for 2015: A Few Predictions
- Revisiting the 2014 Predictions
- The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: January 2015
- DVCS and Git Usage in 2014
- The Scale Imperative
- The Implications of IaaS Pricing Patterns and Trends
- What are the Most Popular Open Source Licenses Today?
- Model vs Execution
- A Few Suggestions for Briefing Analysts
- The 2014 Monktoberfest
- A Swing of the Pendulum: Are Fragmentation’s Days Numbered?
- What is the Atomic Unit of Computing?
- SaaS vs The Perpetual License Model
- The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: June 2014
- What Everyone is Missing About as-a-Service Businesses
- Consciously Decoupling: Microservices, Swarm and the Unix Philosophy
- Software and EMC
- Don’t Call it a Comeback, or SOA, But Services Are on the Rise
- What is a Software Company Today?
- What Does the WhatsApp Acquisition Mean?
- Quarterly Language Performance on GitHub 2011 – 2013
- App Stores
- Application Development
- Apps I Can't Live Without
- Ask RedMonk
- Big Data
- Book Review
- Bottom Up Adoption
- Business Models
- Completely Off Topic
- Conferences & Shows
- Configuration Management
- Digital Rights Management
- Emerging Technologies
- How To's and More
- Hybrid Source
- In the Headlines
- Industry Analysis
- M&A Announcements
- Open Source
- Open Standards
- Operating Systems
- Privacy & Security
- Product Announcements
- Programming Languages
- Random Offers
- Red Sox
- RedMonk Analytics
- RedMonk IT Report
- RedMonk Miscellaneous
- Shadow IT
- Social Networking
- Social Software
- Trends & Observations
- Venture Capital
- Version Control
- Virtual Worlds
- Web 2.0