Last week I was at IBM Impact (see my first take here). Wednesday evening we filmed this preview of the developer unconference on Thursday – which ranged pretty widely and encapsulated a lot of RedMonk’s thinking on developer-led industry trends. Its about getting developers close to the business again rather than seeing them as a commodity. Where else would you find the phrase- “the instrumentation of Andy’s Cheese”, expressed in clear terms of business value? The video is a perfect ten minutes long. I think you’ll enjoy it.
- Open Source and the unpaid intern problem. What’s really up for grabs? Outreachy.
- post Dockercon some thoughts on functions and serverless and services and containers and complexity
- Renewables at scale. Well played Amazon. About Hans Christian Ørsted.
- On meeting Ashley, Kris, and Jessie: thoughts on Sanctuary Companies
- Docker gets pragmatic, embraces Kubernetes