I’ve been doing a lot of mobile research lately. Can you tell? ;>
- Evans Data Corporation | Reports | View Release | Mobile Development Survey 2011, v1
The three free pages have some good stuff, for sure.
- HTML 5 Editor Ian Hickson discusses features, pain points, adoption rate, and more | TechRepublic
- Apple iOS 5 versus Google Ice Cream Sandwich Android OS – Who will win the mobile OS battle? – International Business Times
Really, more of a praise Apple, diss Android list.
- Mobile Banking Gets Riskier
- PopCap Admits That Developing For Android Is A Struggle
"Though Android is one of three strategic mobile markets for PopCap, it’s been a challenge because of the breadth and variance of devices."
- In US, Smartphones Now Majority of New Cellphone Purchases | Nielsen Wire
- Despite Microsoft gains, VMware still dominates virtualization market
- Azure: it’s Windows but not as we know it • The Register
- U.S. banks changing out core systems for real-time processing – Computerworld
- Developer Economics 2011 – Winners and losers in the platform race
- "In the coming days of silent planes and graceful aircycles, and cloudless silvery skies, and a…"
- Your company’s own app store
- Mashable – The Social Media Guide
- Despite Android’s Rise, It’s Losing Developer Support
- The cloud and the incredible shrinking office • The Register
- The Ruby Racer: Under the Hood – August 13, 2011 — 09:15 AM
My man Charles will be presenting on his popular Ruby Racer project the the Lone Star Ruby Conference.
- Adobe AIR and Adobe Flash Player Team Blog
- Mobile web is only half of retail mobile commerce | Mobile Manifesto
"[W]e’re seeing over 30% higher conversion for iPhone native app customers vs. mobile web customers."
- How To Build A Mobile Website
- SmoresAlertColorJPG.jpg (2625×3375)
- A Useful Collection of iPhone/iPad Apps Developer Tools and Resources | Onextrapixel – Showcasing Web Treats Without A Hitch
- CloudCamp Austin July 20, 2011 – Cloud computing- Eventbrite
An Austin cloud camp in the evening of July 20, 2011.
- iOS device and OS version stats from Instapaper 3.0 – Marco.org
- QR Code Awareness | Austin & Williams Unplugged
- Is the tablet computer a new PC or post-PC? | asymco
"The picture that emerges is that while Windows continues to be dominant with 84% of units sold in the last quarter, the growth belongs to tablets which captured about 90% of it."
- Apple Soars to Third Place in U.S. PC Market With 10.7% Share – Mac Rumors
- Is the enterprise dead as a tablet strategy?
"Simply put, no one is credibly focusing on [the enterprise] and its surrounding eco-channel."
- Microsoft: HP, eBay polishing Azure cloud-in-a-box (honest)
Azure appliance round-up…
- Amazon to Offer iPad Rival by October
Whoa: Android everywhere!
- PayPal on Android To Start Hassle-Free NFC Payments
- Microsoft partners are not whooping and cheering for Office 365
- Dancing To The Drumbeat Of HTML5, New Pandora Is Brilliant, Beautiful (MG Siegler/TechCrunch)
At first, we had been talking about more incremental changes, with the site still operating in Flash. But then last summer, it became clear that browsers with full HTML5 capabilities had gained enough support. We realized we could do the full Pandora experience without Flash."
Disclosure: see the RedMonk client list for clients mentioned.