- Mobile app momemtum
Some App store momentum numbers I collected this afternoon: number of apps, iPad apps, and downloads.
- Starbucks Mobile Payments Coming to Android & 1,000 Safeway Locations
- 5 Big Trends in Mobile Commerce [STUDY]
- BlackBerry's Blues Continue as Platform Falls to Third Place
- Starbucks Card Mobile Is a Hit: 3 Million People Pay Via Phone App
“Starbucks now offers the nation’s largest mobile payment network.”
- Penny Arcade! – The Brute Force Method
- Citrix Acquires Cloud.com
"With this acquisition, Citrix is greedily eyeing the lucrative service provide market and hopes to replicate the sort of deals that cloud.com has done with he likes of Tata, Korea Telecom and others to build their own public cloud services."
- Citrix swallows OpenStack ally Cloud.com • The Register
- The Four Hundred–Public Clouds Like Cheap Iron, Private Clouds Like the Expensive Stuff
- 3G tablet sales 'very slow,' analyst says | Networking – InfoWorld
A pretty fantastic, dead-on quote: "The 3G thing on tablets is bogus," Bob O'Donnell, an IDG analyst, told Computerworld. "Nobody wants to pay for that data."
- Microsoft: 400 million Windows 7 and 100 million Office 2010 licenses sold (and more partner conference stats) | ZDNet
Disclosure: see the RedMonk client list for clients mentioned.