As to you can tell from how long I’ve let these links, uh, “age,” I’ve been leaning on the new RedMonk Links to publish these a bit too much.
- Data Networks Force Wireless to Find New Income – NYTimes.com
- Strategies of Deconstruction
- Desktop OS Sales Outpace Servers in 2010; IBM i Shows Growth
- How Google controls Android: digging deep into the Skyhook filings | This is my next…
- Microsoft claims Windows Azure appliances exist â€¢ The Register
- Official Google Blog: A new kind of computer: Chromebook
- MyEclipse G: New IDE For Google Cloud Developers – Dr. Dobb's
- Google beta Music Terms of Service for Music Beta by Google
- NerdTV #3: Bill Joy – Transcript
"Not all smart people work for you" –Bill Joy
- Eclipse Foundation now has much to lose in the Hudson saga
"Oracle’s recently announced a proposal to move the open source Hudson project to the Eclipse Foundation. Should your company’s stance on Jenkins or Hudson change as a result? Short answer, no. The more interesting question is what this contribution means for the Eclipse Foundation."
- Hat Cloud Platform Challenges VMware, Microsoft
- New tools to help iPhone, Android developers build on Azure
- Skyhook Wireless v. Google Case Yields E-Mail Insight – NYTimes.com
- Microsoft vs Nokia vs Cisco: Why Chambers Has to Go
- Brocade shindig sees the fabric king stretching out
- 7 kinds of software developer wushu
- Oracle U-turns on Hudson open source control
Keep your eyes peeled for how this one turns out.
- Red Hat Ups Its Cloud Game with PaaS and Cloud Management Offerings – ReadWriteCloud
- Dell’s Analyst Event – Summary of day 1 and feedback from Redmonk’s Michael Cote
- HP engineering veep spills cloud plans onto LinkedIn • The Register
- Business Writing: The "Please Advise" Habit
If you're like me, you see the phrase "please advise" in email all the time…and wonder what the hell it's there for.
- Attachmate lays off Mono employees
Disclosure: see the RedMonk client list for clients mentioned.