- Accelerating the Windows Phone Ecosystem
New features coming in Windows Phone 7.
- Continuous Deployment
If you're in IT, enabling this should be your goal for 2011.
- Gillmor Gang 2.12.11 (TCTV)
Hopefully Joel S. will write a commentary for this one.
- Resistance is futile. What the web is saying about the Nokia Microsoft strategic announcement.
- Amazon threatens Texas exit over tax bill
Really, it does make sense to tax the sales. Sales tax is a consumer tax, not a seller tax.
- The End of Server Growth?
- AT&T iPhone customers: go grab your free 1000 minutes
"Hop in to your SMS app, and send off the message YES to 11113020 by March 31, 2011."
- In memoriam: Microsoft’s previous strategic mobile partners | asymco
A history of not too good mobile partnerships with Microsoft.
- SugarCRM Continues Record Growth in 2010 | SugarCRM – Commercial Open Source CRM
They're up to 7,000+ customers now – "SugarCRM’s record growth is due in large part to its expansive channel sales network. In 2010, SugarCRM added more than 100 new channel and consulting partners, including leading firms like AmziQSource, Bezier, BTM Solutions, Capgemini, CRM International, CRMADDON Factory, OpusVL and Walpole."
- Dear Nokia fans: you’re nuts! — Scobleizer
The WP7 is a nice phone (I have a Samsung Focus)… it just needs all those iOS apps I use.
- Strategy Analytics: Apple Captures 95 Percent Share of Global Tablet Shipments in Q3 2010 | Business Wire
- Apple's iPad owned 87.4% of Q3 2010 "media tablet" market
Tying to sort out different ways to compare iPad vs. tablets vs. "table PCs" vs PCs.
- RIM Said to Plan PlayBook Software to Run Google Apps
"RIM plans to integrate [Android] with the PlayBook operating system, giving customers access to Android’s more than 130,000 apps, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the effort isn’t public." Also: "Android tablets captured 22 percent of global shipments in the three months to Dec. 31, a tenfold jump from a year earlier, according to Boston-based Strategy Analytics. That narrowed Apple’s share of the tablet market to 75 percent, from about 95 percent three months earlier."
- new shit has come to light
- Light Reading Mobile – 4G/LTE – Nokia Unveils Major Revamp – Telecom News Analysis
Summary of Nokia announcements around partnering with Microsoft.
- Rackspace Cloud Revenue Keeps Rising, Tops $100M: Cloud Computing News «
"At the current pace, it will take almost 10 years for cloud revenue to eclipse hosting revenue for Rackspace, but I don’t think it will take that long. For one, total net revenue increased only 7.5 percent quarter over quarter compared with 17.1 percent for cloud revenue. "
- Rackspace nears $1bn run rate
Check out the detailed numbers on how many servers they have.
Disclosure: see the RedMonk client list for clients mentioned.