- The history of OpenNMS devjams.
- Update on Nagios, esp. Nagios XI.
- Update on OpenNMS.
- What are people using Nagios and OpenNMS for at the moment (in addition to the usual)?
- Nagios: app folks needing stuff to monitor, traditional cost controlling swapping out more expensive stuff.
- OpenNMS: some high-scale uses…
- John asks why it is that these projects can (sometimes) innovate faster, adding more features, than larger, commercial stacks.
- How do OpenNMS and Nagios deal with high-scale data? We get into good code, architecture, but also bump up against things like Cassandra as a data-store.
- The open-core muck-bucket gets tipped over. Tarus’ recent post on the topic, and also RedMonk’s Stephen O’Grady has written on it recently.
- Rackspace OpenStack – see my interview on the topic.
- Quick OSCON overview.
Disclosure: The OpenNMS Group and OpsCode are clients. See the RedMonk client list for other relevant clients.