- IT Governance and Project Management Survey Results
"76% that they had development teams which had adopted agile techniques." Whole lot of developer numbers, over a pool of 125 rspondents.
- Tech “Customer Events” – What Works and What Doesn’t
Travis likes Atlassian's event markerting more than SalesForce's.
- Cloud.com Introduces Commercial and Open Source Infrastructure as a Service Cloud Computing Software | Business Wire
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces New Top-Level Projects
- Austin app studio teaches kids 'The Quiet Game'
"Software development is changing dramatically. Consumers expect exceptionally high performance for 99 cents. So if you're investing more than 2 to 3 weeks in an app, it's unlikely you'll see any return on your investment unless it's a monster hit. We build most properties in under a week."
- Down To Business: CA's McCracken On The Cloud And Lessons Learned
Apparently, the "C" in "CA" now stands for "cloud": "More specifically, McCracken says he's intent on leveraging CA's cash cow mainframe software business to finance acquisitions and "world class" internal development in one overarching direction: software for managing and securing multivendor cloud environments that commingle corporate data centers with software or infrastructure as a service."
- Heroku Raises $10M for Its Ruby Platform
In addition to fundig coverage, the PaaS indicates it wants to do more than ruby and run on clouds other than just Amazon.
- Ex-Microsoft power pair puff Ruby cloud
Second round of funding for the PaaS and nextgen ALM company.
- Sprint Follows Verizon's Lead And Says It Won't Offer The Nexus One
Disclosure: see the RedMonk client list for clients mentioned.