- H-P to Buy Palm for $1.2 Billion
More detail on HP buyinh Palm – – for $1.2B.
- HP says to buy Palm for $1.2 billion
HP buying Palm – – via @sogrady.
- Application Infrastructure Virtual Launch Event
"Cloud computing offers a range of benefits, including elastic scale and never-seen-before applications. While you ponder your long-term investment in the cloud, you can harness cloud benefits in your current IT environment now. Join us on May 20 at 8:30 A.M. Pacific Time to learn how your current IT assets can harness the benefits of the cloud on-premises—and can readily connect to new applications and data running in the cloud. Plus, you’ll hear some exciting product announcements, and a keynote on Microsoft’s latest investments in the application infrastructure space aimed at delivering on-demand scalability, highly available applications, a new level of connectivity, and more! Save the date!"
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PCI – – required to comply with if you're going to be handling credit cards, so "everyone" needs it.
- The Open Data Protocol .NET Framework Client Library – Source Code Available for Download
- Microsoft Management Summit 2010 – day 2 recording
Worth watching if you’re in the IT management bucket.
- Slideshare » LeadShare
Hey tech marketers: how much do you usually end up paying for a lead? I see Slideshare is charging $3/lead:
- tecosystems » VMware’s Database Play: Will Red Hat Follow?
"Will Red Hat enter the database market circuitously via a non-relational project or projects?" –>
- User perspectives on NoSQL
Comprehensive write-up of ideas and such from the NoSQLEU event.
- Jevons paradox
The more efficient something is, the more you'll use it, so the efficiencies just increase usage.
- Just how green is cloud computing? — GreenMonk: the blog
RT @TomRaftery: Why Google et al's cloud offerings are not Green
- The Dropbox Blog » Blog Archive » Dropbox is going places!
Dropbox having some press event in SF on May 4th.
- Berating the Rating Agencies
"[O]f AAA-rated subprime-mortgage-backed securities issued in 2006, 93 percent — 93 percent! — have now been downgraded to junk status." Bedlam!
- SolarWinds revenue increases 43% in Q1
"increased revenue 43 percent year-over-year in the first quarter, reporting a total $34.3 million."
- Eclipse DemoCamps Helios 2010/Austin – June 2nd, 6:30-8:30pm
"Interested in celebrating the latest Eclipse release by checking out some lightning talks and having some frosty beverages with other Eclipse enthusiasts in town? If so, come join us at Texas Coworking on June 2nd for an Eclipse DemoCamp."
- Linux KVM virtualization gains steam in cloud computing market
- Analyst: HTML5 far from killing off Web plug-ins
- It’s Official: Adobe Flash support will be built into Android 2.2
Disclosure: see the RedMonk client list for clients mentioned.