- IBM Seeks to Lure Sun Partners With Financing Offer (Update2) – BusinessWeek
IBM looking to lubricate move of Sun/Oracle folks to IBM.
- Two Maxims that have served me well « Coté's Drunk & Retired
Two maxims to live by:
- Zend Server 5.0 Streamlines PHP Web Application Development and Management for IBM i and IBM Power Systems
PHP continues to be used on System i (AS/400) IBM systems. Seems like a good match for modernization efforts.
- Pragmatic Approach to Managing the Cloud Webinar | Zenoss
Finally catching up on a cloud management webinar @monkchips did with Zenoss – – helped put together deck.
- The Anatomy of the Cloud
I'll be on a panel during this virtual event about cloud management, sponsored by Zenoss.
- Serial Solutions Austin on Flickr – Photo Sharing!
My office-space-mates got themselves a conference room:
- Old iPod on Flickr – Photo Sharing!
Check out what I brought back from the dead:
- synergy-plus – Project Hosting on Google Code
Turns out there's a new Synergy fork – – via @marshall_law. Will have to try it!
- Been enjoying this review copy of Fred Brooks new book on "design": on Flickr – Photo Sharing!
Been enjoying this review copy of Fred Brooks new book on "design":
- Brands are boring
"As for social media, all media now need to be social. Mediation is between humans, some of which are inside companies. Hence, “social media” as oxymoron. Sort of, anyway. Meanwhile, lots of social media types are talking about brands and branding as if these were new and hip things. They’re not. They’re heavy and old. We need to move on, folks. Think of something human instead."
- Statesman.com : Austin iPad owners say they love their new devices
Charlie and the other dude have a good point: the iPad is great for the "morning routine" – both the joke and serious version of that.
- SAP Users: Upgrading Has Its Benefits – PCWorld Business Center
- FT Deal With Foursquare Lets Users ‘Unlock’ Paywall | paidContent
- Palm Said to Tap Goldman, Quattrone to Find Buyers
- Sorry, Adobe, you screwed yourself
- Java founder James Gosling leaves Oracle
- Auggie scratches her back on Flickr – Photo Sharing!
Back in Austin for more of our little spring –
- First impressions of the iPad: Buy one as soon as you can
"These things will sell like hotcakes."
- Austin's Convio sets IPO terms
- Tim Anderson’s ITWriting » Blog Archive » Apple banning Flash applications from iPhone 4.0? That stinks.
- Enterprise Development with Flex – O'Reilly Media
New Enterprise Flex book from O'Reilly:
Disclosure: see the RedMonk client list for clients mentioned.