Fast WordPress Hosting
Skip to content
- 'Evil and Orwellian' – America's right turns its fire on NHS
Hold on, there's people who know things outside of America. I got a town-hall I got get to, will study a globe when I have time. KISSES!
- 451 CAOS Theory » VMware-SpringSource about cloud, competition, open source in that order
"VMware is clearly in need of a story beyond virtualization, even if we are still relatively early on in enterprise adoption. Still, looking into the future, it sees clear skies, and that does not fit with the multi-billion dollar opportunity shaping up in cloud computing. Thus, VMware is willing to invest a significant amount in SpringSource, which does represent a crossover in customers without much, if any, crossover in competition."
- Far Food: Food Miles You Can See – PSFK
I don't mind paying more food if (a.) it tastes much better, and, (b.) it means more money in the local economy over a more diverse range of goods/services so we avoid all this "too big to fail" and "[insert 2nd world company here] is taking over our white-collar jobs" scares that us lardy Yankees get ourselves into so much now-a-days.
- Spring in San Francisco
Tarus on VMWare/SpringSource, with some Hyperic comments and good open source world zinger: "most of that revenue was in services. Huh? I’ve been told for 7 years now that services companies aren’t worth anything. In fact, I was told that by Benchmark, the people that just made a bunch of money on this sale. Tricksy, no?"
- Spiceworks 4.1: It’s Everything IT « SpiceBlog: It’s Time to Spice IT Up!
- Why can't local government and open source be friends?
- Help us choose the best RIA of 2009 / Adobe MAX | InsideRIA
- This is not a Roadmap | Things Blog | Cultured Code
- Clear Channel reports $3.7 billion quarterly loss
- SpringSource to Launch VMware Into the Cloud – CIO.com – Business Technology Leadership
- Why The Brain Behind Hadoop Left Yahoo – ReadWriteEnterprise
- a tiny thread – does GPL matter?
Nice example of using the new "a tiny thread" service.
- BMC Communities: Blog: View from the Exit Row: Asking the Right Questions about Cloud
- Does GPL still matter?
- Update: VMware buys SpringSource in cloud move