- SpringSource Hyperic HQ Now Available on the RightScale Cloud Computing Management Platform | SpringSource
"Starting today, organizations can use SpringSource Hyperic HQ directly from the fully automated RightScale Platform to monitor the availability and further manage the performance of their cloud applications."
- Dell may lose more ground to HP
- Op-Ed Columnist – To Tweet or Not to Tweet – NYTimes.com
ME: I would rather be tied up to stakes in the Kalahari Desert, have honey poured over me and red ants eat out my eyes than open a Twitter account. Is there anything you can say to change my mind?
BIZ: Well, when you do find yourself in that position, you’re gonna want Twitter. You might want to type out the message “Help.”
- MindTouch Fires a Shot Across the Bow of Corporate Intranets
"The solution, Fulkerson says, lies in software that is 'focused on groups accessing and organizing data into actionable formats that enable decision making, collaboration and reuse.' Today's launch of MindTouch Collaborative Intranet is the first in a series of three enterprise collaboration products the company plans to roll out this year." The idea here is selling "ready to use" collab applications on-top of the MindTouch platform.
- AccelOps: All-In-One Datacenter and IT Service Management – Virtual Appliance or Software-as-a-Service
"AccelOps, the IT service management innovator, today announced availability of the industry's first all-in-one datacenter and IT service management solution offered as a virtual appliance or SaaS for the mid-tier market. AccelOps raises the IT management innovation and cost-benefit bar to accelerate operational oversight, service intelligence, efficiency and savings demanded by mid-tier enterprises." I've been checking this out and it's impressive so far. Note that the UI is all in Flex too. I'll have a review note up in a short-while.
- More Alice in Wonderland Pics Leak | Blog.OneRiot.com – Blogging the Pulse of the Web
"Director Tim Burton has an innate talent in 'creepifying' children’s bedtime stories. He’s also got a knack for showcasing his two favorite obsessions/actors, Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter, along with their equally creepy dramatic skills. His newest project – a new spin on Lewis Carrolls’ Alice in Wonderland, set to release March 5, 2010 – is no exception."
- RPG as a service – The iSeries Blog
- Reductive Labs, Moving to Portland, Raises $2M for Open Source IT Automation | Xconomy
- Reductive Labs Secures $2.0 Million Funding Round Led by True Ventures
- Reductive Labs nails $2 million in funding
- Assessing the Stripper Memoir
Patterns in stripper books. Whodathunk?
- 20090622 Velocity
Jeff Hammerbacher's talk/overview of Hadoop from Velocity. Lots of numbers, facts, etc.
- iPhone 3.0 Update: 10 Hidden Features
Hey, you know you're curious.
- Oracle tried to sell Sun hardware biz
"A source close to Oracle has told The Reg that Oracle has continued to shop Sun's hardware business around to potential buyers after the official announcement of its intention to buy the whole of Sun – and after it moved to re-assure Sun employees of its love for their hardware."
- Platform leaps from grids to clouds • The Register
I get a lot of PR email from these guys. They've been going cloud crazy of late.
- LiquidPlanner Finds $1 Million For Project Management Software
Currently used by 200 companies.
- Instapaper Gets Folders And Goes Social
Yeah, Instapaper is pretty cool.
- Alaska Airlines to launch Austin-San Jose nonstop | Statesman Business Blog
"The flights will leave Austin at 3 p.m. and arrive in San Jose, Calif., at 4:40 p.m. The return flights will leave at 8:55 a.m. and arrive in Austin at 2:15p.m." Also a direct flight to "fake Portland." Looks like you can do AAdvantage code-shares to get miles and elite status…I hope.
- Cloudera Hadoop & Big Data Blog » Blog Archive » A Great Week for Hadoop: Summit Roundup
- Open Source Predictive Analytics | REvolution Computing
"REvolution Computing offers open source products and services for high performance analytics, including REvolution R Enterprise which delivers 100% R and more—optimized, validated and supported."
- Last Day
- Listening Room – What's In Your Stack?
- Metanga – What's In Your Stack?
- PaaS Talk – IT Management & Cloud Podcast #089
- Caveat Emptor – Back of the Envelope #5
- Leaving RedMonk
- Links for July 19th through July 22nd
- Links for July 12th through July 18th
- Shopping for an IT Vendor
- Links for July 11th through July 12th
- Citrix buys Cloud.com – Brief Note
- Links for July 8th through July 11th
- Links for July 1st through July 7th
- Liquid Labs – What's in Your Stack?
- Links for June 20th through June 30th
- On Cloud.com – Press Pass
- The State of DevOps with Damon Edwards
- Despite much hope, PaaS momentum hasn't blown the doors off yet
- Zenoss Service Dynamics – Press Pass
- More Agile in SmartBear's ALMComplete
- Disruption with dev/ops and PaaS Unicorns
- Where the developers are, OpenStack edition
- Using video and podcasts for tech evangelism – The Barton George Media Empire – RedMonk Radio #65
- vConstruct – What's in Your Stack?
- Justin Sheehy on Basho, NoSQL, and Velocity 2011
- Alejerealkami on 10 things iPad rivals must do to compete with the Apple – Quick Analysis
- Silicon Cape Feedback | Smarter Messaging [Mike Jones, SA] on Know your developer type
- James Lafarga on links for 2008-04-07
- file chapter 11 bankruptcy california on Links for June 7th through June 11th
- gursewak on zembly.com Demo – Facebook Applications, iPhone Integration, and Social Programming
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- January 2007
- December 2006
- November 2006
- October 2006
- September 2006
- August 2006
- July 2006
- June 2006
- May 2006
- April 2006
- March 2006
- February 2006
- Austin Tech Scene
- Back of the Envelope
- Book Reviews
- Brief Notes
- Development Tools
- Enterprise Software
- IT Management Podcast
- make all
- Open Source
- Open Source Podcast
- Press Pass
- Quick Analysis
- RedMonk Radio Podcast
- RIA Weekly
- Social Software
- Systems Management
- The Analyst Life
- The New Thing
- Trip Notes
- What's in your stack?