Skip to content
- Appcelerator Releases New Preview Of Open Source Developer Platform Titanium, Adds Bells And Whistles
- Developer-driven cloud adoption?
"[M]y observation from client interactions is that cloud adoption in established, larger organizations (my typical client is $100m+ in revenue) is, and will be, driven by Operations, and not by Development. The developers may be the business stakeholders, and they might be the engineers who first experiment with the cloud (in a “rogue” or ad-hoc way), but Operations has the budget and Operations is going to be managing the actual cloud deployment, and therefore Operations makes the decision about what cloud to go with in the end."
- Atlas – 280 North
A RAD platform or building Ajax/RIA applications.
- AlterPoint: Versata Enterprises Acquires AlterPoint
The AlterPoint VCs sell to tech holding company Versata.
- What if a plumber built your house? – Eye on Blades: Trends in blade server infrastructure
- Austin software company realizes importance of being agile
- Hyperic HQ 4.1 Beta Now Available | Blogging Hyperic
- Plugins – Spiceworks Community
The plugins that the Spiceworks community has built up so far
- Spiceworld – Where IT All Comes Together
Spiceworks' user conferences for 2009: Boston, Las Vegas, Orlando, Austin, and London.
- Spiceworks 3.6 Release Notes… – Spiceworks Community
Looks like bug fixes and performance enhancements.
- Citrix drops price of hypervisor to zero – Network World
- Agile Chronicles: Product Owners and Product Managers
"In other words… and I'll say it more explicitly this time… it is my premise that in Scrum, the Product Owner either has the responsibility for, or is an abstraction of, every other role not previously accounted for in discussing the ScrumMaster and the Team." Ah, perfect. Nicely summarizes the problem with that role in a large organization: too much.
- myLot – Looking for pros and cons of Etsy
- VMware Initiatives Will Help Customers Embrace Cloud Computing – VMware
"The VMware vSphere generation of products, which are currently in development, will be a new class of software that delivers on this strategy. And, as customers become cloud-enabled, they will have the flexibility to securely and efficiently expand their internal clouds to tap the resources offered by external service providers through our VMware vCloud Initiative."
- Oracle(R) Enterprise Manager Enhances Support for Oracle Applications
Continuing the Discussion