var so = new SWFObject(‘/embed/player.swf’,’mpl’,’400′,’20’,’9′);
- John’s experience with change management in the enterprise. Though we don’t mention it, check out Niel Nickolaisen’s piece on ITIL vs. MOF.
- CA’s announcements about Amazon, SaaS offerings, and general cloudage.
- Amazon and CapGemini. John mentions moving SharePoint to the cloud, which also brings up the Microsoft Online Services Suite news.
- We talk about Rivermuse at length, me having spent some time looking at it more this week. John seems more informed and articulate on the topic than I do.
- I cover the cloud/SaaS related news from Adobe MAX, the conference I was at earlier this week. Also see the Adobe SaaS round-up from last year that I mention.
- My time at the IBM Software Analyst Summit this week: it was less about products and more about how IBM goes about doing the business side of things. Namely, the agenda was about IBM’s Industry Solution Frameworks, that map various types of businesses to the software that can help them, and the way that software is put together and used. That said, there’s some Tivoli stuff mixed in when it comes to entering new markets via Maximo and Micromuse.
- The Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Cross Platform management pack for Suse Linux, which I incorrectly say is GA’ed: instead it’s slated for release in early 2009.
Also, I forgot to mention an endorsement for John’s Cloud Droplets podcast be sure to check those out. I’ve been behind on my Debriefing podcast, and it looks like John has picked up the slack in a fantastic way.
Disclosure: IBM, Microsoft, Hyperic, and Zenoss are clients. See the RedMonk client list for other clients mentioned.