OpenID and CradSpace server. Needs a CardSpace plugin though.
A little bit on the hardware ecosystem for the iPhone.
“Running a large data network with over 50,000 nodes is tough enough, but Spectrum has been there making it easier.”
“Sun charges $500 for the bare box. A container with computers starts at about $500,000. The company has about 20 customers that agreed to try Blackbox before it goes on sale next month.”
Using MySQL’s IPO to hang some cash numbers on open source companies.
“The U.S. Navy has adopted a policy of requiring that open source code be considered in every software acquisition that the Navy makes, in an order signed by Navy CIO Robert J. Carey on June 5.”
Congrats to the OpenNMS team. Check out the helpdesk integration and dashboard in GWT.
Ah, the elusive “enterprise buyer”…
uXcomm renames itself to Virtugo and gets some funding.
Check it out: one of the 2 dudes in line in NYC for the iPhone is reading an SAP book.
Nice marketing/dev tour from Adobe for “Apollo”/AIR. Should be swanky.
Dan on he and Ed’s SAP fellowship
BMC should really just stick these up as MP3s with an RSS feed so I can download them all into iTunes. It’d be awesome for nerds like me.
This is pretty exciting because it (a.) you tells how far up BPM can scale and (b.) lists all of the actual stuff BPM monitors in one place.
The mother lode of docs about BPM. Too bad they’re so well hidden (i.e., not linked off the public BPM page).
Who is this John Appleseed and why doesn’t he check his voicemail?
Using the filesystem and all it’s gizmos in OS X for personal productivity.
Finally, a Masters of Horror episode that’s pretty damn good…
iGod reviewed. No cut-n-paste? WTF, dude?
The iPhone guy is a “media whore.”
On which analyst firms to get for quotes and what-nots.
When it comes to stacks of $100 bills: smoke ‘em if you’ve got ‘em, right?
Does this mean Joel’s Wasabi is cool?
These Dunning and Kruger fellas have no idea what they’re talking about. Clearly they haven’t heard *my* theories!
- Last Day
- Listening Room – What's In Your Stack?
- Metanga – What's In Your Stack?
- PaaS Talk – IT Management & Cloud Podcast #089
- Caveat Emptor – Back of the Envelope #5
- Leaving RedMonk
- Links for July 19th through July 22nd
- Links for July 12th through July 18th
- Shopping for an IT Vendor
- Links for July 11th through July 12th
- Citrix buys Cloud.com – Brief Note
- Links for July 8th through July 11th
- Links for July 1st through July 7th
- Liquid Labs – What's in Your Stack?
- Links for June 20th through June 30th
- On Cloud.com – Press Pass
- The State of DevOps with Damon Edwards
- Despite much hope, PaaS momentum hasn't blown the doors off yet
- Zenoss Service Dynamics – Press Pass
- More Agile in SmartBear's ALMComplete
- Disruption with dev/ops and PaaS Unicorns
- Where the developers are, OpenStack edition
- Using video and podcasts for tech evangelism – The Barton George Media Empire – RedMonk Radio #65
- vConstruct – What's in Your Stack?
- Justin Sheehy on Basho, NoSQL, and Velocity 2011
- Alejerealkami on 10 things iPad rivals must do to compete with the Apple – Quick Analysis
- Silicon Cape Feedback | Smarter Messaging [Mike Jones, SA] on Know your developer type
- James Lafarga on links for 2008-04-07
- file chapter 11 bankruptcy california on Links for June 7th through June 11th
- gursewak on zembly.com Demo – Facebook Applications, iPhone Integration, and Social Programming
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- March 2007
- February 2007
- January 2007
- December 2006
- November 2006
- October 2006
- September 2006
- August 2006
- July 2006
- June 2006
- May 2006
- April 2006
- March 2006
- February 2006
- Austin Tech Scene
- Back of the Envelope
- Book Reviews
- Brief Notes
- Development Tools
- Enterprise Software
- IT Management Podcast
- make all
- Open Source
- Open Source Podcast
- Press Pass
- Quick Analysis
- RedMonk Radio Podcast
- RIA Weekly
- Social Software
- Systems Management
- The Analyst Life
- The New Thing
- Trip Notes
- What's in your stack?